Himalaya Carpets Standard Terms & conditions
- Price Lists. The Price List is intended for the Trade and is issued to regular carpet
dealers (to whom alone goods are supplied) with the request that it should not fall into
other hands. All previous lists are cancelled.
- Placing of Orders. Nothing in the Price List shall be deemed to constitute an offer, and
the company reserves the right to refuse or accept any order. Placing an order implies
the acceptance of these terms of trading.
Prices. Goods will be charged at the date of despatch except for bona-fide contract
orders accepted by us at a fixed price when they were ordered.
- Value Added Tax. Prices quoted in this list do not include Value Added Tax, which will
be charged at the applicable rate at the date of supply.
- We do not offer any settlement discount.
- Full Rolls and Cut Lengths. Standard full rolls are 25.00 linear metres and above in
length. Cut length price will apply to all cuts from a roll. If a roll has to be cut to an exact
length, cut length price will apply.
- A minimum size of 2.5 Lin Metre is the smallest size we cut across all ranges.
- Delivery. Whereas every effort is made to execute orders promptly, the company
cannot accept liability arising from delay. Any delivery which has been booked in by our
carrier or our own transport will be subject to a charge of £30 per roll or cut if rejected or deferred for any reason.
- Postponement. In the event of a postponement at the customer’s request after
manufacture, the customer will be liable to pay the company any increase in the market
value of the goods between the due date of despatch and the date on which despatch
is finally made.
- Set Off. A customer shall not be entitled to withhold payment of any amount under
this contract to the company because of a disputed claim of any nature, nor shall the
customer be entitled to set off against any amount payable under the contract to the
company any monies which are not then presently payable by the consumer, or for which
the customer disputes liability.
- Telephone Orders and Cancellation. Cancellations cannot be accepted for cut
length orders after goods have been cut or despatched or for contract or special orders
if manufacturing has begun. If an order is placed by telephone the name of your contact
should be taken immediately and written confirmation forwarded, marked ‘Confirmation’,
to arrive within 2/3 days. If this procedure is not observed; no recompense can be made
for subsequent discoveries of wrong colour or wrong size. If the goods have not been cut,
cancellation may be accepted and a cancellation reference number must be issued to
confirm acceptance of cancellation.
- Claims and Returns. No claims which arise from improper installation can be
considered - see paragraph 19. The Company’s liability for defective carpet will be
limited to replacement or refund and no claims will be considered for labour or other
fitting charges in connection with installation or removal. Claims for manufacturing faults
cannot be considered after the carpet has been cut and / or fitted, and in the case of
complaint, we reserve the right to replace or repair. From the financial point of view, if
manufacturing fault is proven, a carpet will be assessed to have depreciated by 20% per
year and this will be taken account of in the case of either replacement or allowance.
Returns:- The Company will not accept the return of carpet without a Himalaya Carpets
Complaint/ Returns Reference Number which will be given when return has been agreed.
- Damage or Loss in Transit. If goods are damaged in transit the carrier’s note must
be endorsed accordingly and the company notified within 3 days of receipt of goods. The
company must also be notified in writing if goods are not received within 14 days of date
of invoice. Failure to notify in either case will result in loss of claim.
- Sizes. All carpet sold and supplied by us are subject to a tolerance of plus or minus
1.25% as specified in British Standard 3655 Clause 3.
- We will not accept/consider any claim for any carpet that is cut or fitted with any visible defect or has a mismatch of pattern.
- With regards to stair installations we would not entertain any claim arising from Broadloom installations.
- There is no guarantee which would cover pulls or snags either written or implied these are not covered by any of our guarantees.
- Specifications may vary within normal industry tolerance.
- We would always recommend sprouts are clipped, these can develop during handling.
- Loop sizes and bowing are subject to variation and can vary by product, they will not, however exceed the industry standard.
- Natural fibres have a hydroscopic nature this means they will adjust to the environment they are in. In particular if carpet is in an area with varying humidity it is possible for some contraction and expansion could take place from the natural fibres.
- We reserve the right to discontinue ranges, colours, patterns or qualities.
Our products are moth proofed and as such warrantied against moth infestation, based upon the following guidelines and maintenance.
Proper maintenance of the carpet should be undertaken including regular vacuuming and cleaning of all areas of the carpet, especially in areas that are difficult to reach such as corners, underneath and behind furniture. Areas that are not properly maintained are most at risk of developing any moth based issues. If you are a customer who is having a problem with carpet moths in relation to our products, please contact the retailer you purchased the carpet from.
If you are a retailer who has received relevant complaints surrounding this issue, please contact our Customer Services department for further advice. They may request photographic evidence of any issues that are taking place.
When it comes to moth based issues in relation to our products, we are able to offer a replacement or allowance against a replacement, subject to the time you have had the carpet installed (up to 10 years from installation). Please follow the above mentioned line of communication to rectify any issues.